Reality Check

It's been almost a year since going to Israel, Jordan and Egypt. I've obviously not finished posting everything from that trip here, and much is happening currently. So this blog is now going to cover current events (at least the ones that are in my little corner of the universe) in nearly real-time.

If you discover any errors in my descriptions of the sites in Israel and Egypt, please feel free to leave a comment.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

On to Egypt!

Harold on Galilee
Harold striking a regal pose on our boat going across the Sea of Galilee

After a fond farewell to our trusted and beloved guide Mickey yesterday afternoon, and getting dunked in the Jordan River by Pastor Paul (my second baptism, just so I can say "I got baptized in the Jordan"), and one last night at our beautiful room on the Sea of Galilee, it's off to Cairo.

It's a short flight to Cairo, where we'll visit a museum and the old Coptic city, we'll be taking a train to Luxor. I'm typing this from Ben Gurion Airport waiting for our flight, enjoying a Latte with Mari and the rest of our group. I hope to post more pictures later today if I can find the time.

It's a little sad to be leaving Israel, especially our last place where we stayed in Galilee.

Here's a photo of the Dead Sea, where we were a few days ago. You gotta go there and experience what it's like to float on the water there. I couldn't stop laughing!

Dead Sea


And another shot of Mari and me standing on the shore
Mari & Me at the Dead Sea

No comments: