Reality Check

It's been almost a year since going to Israel, Jordan and Egypt. I've obviously not finished posting everything from that trip here, and much is happening currently. So this blog is now going to cover current events (at least the ones that are in my little corner of the universe) in nearly real-time.

If you discover any errors in my descriptions of the sites in Israel and Egypt, please feel free to leave a comment.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Almost Ready

Vacation_Gift_1.jpg

OK, I finished up everything at work as best I could so it would be easy for my co-workers to fill in the gaps in my absence, I went to Peter's AWANA year-end ceremony, hung out with some friends at the church, came home, finished up the karate booklet, had a family meeting and prayer time, and am starting to assemble the stuff I'm going to pack. Dentist appointment in the morning, have to go to two banks, Rachael and Peter have to be dropped off, and hopefully I'll find a little time to pack my suitcase and get my camera gear together. Oh, and maybe I'll even get a little sleep.

My packing priorities are maybe a little different than some people's.

Priority Number One: camera gear. I want to bring just enough so I can be creative with taking pictures without being bogged down with too much weight and bulk. I have a great camera backpack for most of the stuff, plus a tripod bag for a tripod, light stand and umbrella.
Manfrotto 190CXPRO4.jpg
I got this lightweight carbon fiber tripod especially for this trip. Sure is lighter and more compact than my other one.

Priority number two: Bible, and maybe another book to read along the way, if my luggage weight limit allows for it. [Oh, I just had a guilt pang.] Bible should be priority number one. Caught myself, there. I wasn't considering NOT bringing a bible - that's been on my mind since beginning to plan this trip. After all, we're going to places where many of the events written about in the bible took place - how could I not bring a bible? In fact, I ordered a lightweight bible especially for the trip - I hope it shows up on time, otherwise I might have to bring a heavy one. Plus there's a bible in my Palm Pilot. So I'm covered there.

Priority numbers three and four: clothes and toiletries, and after that, a few odds and ends.

Gotta go to bed - sleep is calling me. 'Bye.

No comments: