Reality Check

It's been almost a year since going to Israel, Jordan and Egypt. I've obviously not finished posting everything from that trip here, and much is happening currently. So this blog is now going to cover current events (at least the ones that are in my little corner of the universe) in nearly real-time.

If you discover any errors in my descriptions of the sites in Israel and Egypt, please feel free to leave a comment.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Finally, I got a few photos posted

Kebab Vendor, Arab Bazaar, Jerusalem
I know this is not a momentous occasion for anyone else, but it is for me. This is the 11th day of being in Israel, and the first I've been able to post any photos.

You can see my photostream here.

We are now at the Sea of Galilee, and I'm almost caught up with editing my photos on the computer. I've been organizing them in folders according to each place we've been, so at least I'll remember which place each photo was taken at.

I thought this was going to be a "vacation." I was so wrong. This is a "study tour," which is much different. "Vacation" implies rest. That is not what is happening on this trip. We have left our hotel early every morning, had a full agenda every day, with lots of walking, and returned nearly exhausted every night. Then we get up the next day and do it again.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have it any other way. If I went at the pace of my own choosing, I would not have learned a fraction of what I now know about so many things. Our tour guide, Mickey, is a fount of information... historical perspective, biblical perspective, political perspective, archaeological perspective... in fact, he has a perspective on anything we can ask.

Mickey our Tour Guide
This is Mickey, doing his thing - explaining in detail about Be'er Sheva, a site where Abraham made a pact with Abimelech thousands of years ago.

The days have been so full, and the internet connections so spotty, that I couldn't find any time to post pictures or even text on most days. In fact, I'm getting really tired right now, as it's 12:22 am.

Mari and I are in a resort on the shore of the Sea of Galilee. If our hotel room were any closer to the sea, we'd be in a houseboat. It's literally a few steps away from our front door.

Signing off for now, going to go get some sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the pictures and keeping us posted on your amazing journey. What a blessing to have a Messianic Jew lead you through Israel.

Shalom,
Michael