Reality Check

It's been almost a year since going to Israel, Jordan and Egypt. I've obviously not finished posting everything from that trip here, and much is happening currently. So this blog is now going to cover current events (at least the ones that are in my little corner of the universe) in nearly real-time.

If you discover any errors in my descriptions of the sites in Israel and Egypt, please feel free to leave a comment.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Difficult Day

SnoWhite_small.jpg

I think I was attacked today. I'm not sure, though. I might have attacked myself.

See, I've been looking forward to this Israel trip, more and more as the time gets closer. Today, though, was a bad day. Today I've been overwhelmed with excessive amounts of work that I was not looking for.

Rather it was forced upon me under penalty of sending a friend to jail.

How is that, you may ask. Well, his [ex-]friend is suing him because of some business partnership dispute, and my friend is being forced by the judge to cough up a whole bunch of graphic design files that I've created for him over the years or else be held in comtempt of court, and it's all of a sudden a big emergency. As if I wasn't already busy enough.

Long story short, I kind of freaked (sorry, Barry). I started panicking, looking at all that I have to do, and thinking “this is impossible. This guy who's suing my friend is going to come after me with some legal action and I'll have to miss my trip because of a subpoena or some legal thing and I'll be really unhappy, and, well, I think I'll get really unhappy right now.”

Make sense? Neither does it to me.

If I was attacked, it was the spiritual enemy who is always waiting for an opportunity to trip me up. If I wasn't, then it was my own mind doing it to myself. Either way, it's been a bad day. I hope tomorrow gets better. I think I need to pray. Hard.

No comments: