Reality Check

It's been almost a year since going to Israel, Jordan and Egypt. I've obviously not finished posting everything from that trip here, and much is happening currently. So this blog is now going to cover current events (at least the ones that are in my little corner of the universe) in nearly real-time.

If you discover any errors in my descriptions of the sites in Israel and Egypt, please feel free to leave a comment.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ready for Re-Entry

Hot.jpg
Well, this trip is officially over. I have mixed feelings about it, because it was such a wonderful time of travel, learning about how God has worked in the Middle East throughout recorded history, and how every single archaeological find that pertains to anything regarding biblical history confirms the text of the bible.

But it's great to be back home, to see and hug the kids, to sleep in my own bed and take a shower in my own shower. I'm ready for re-entry back to the world of work, business and managing the details of life. I think I just got closer with all the people on the tour with us, but especially with Mari. This has truly been the trip of a lifetime.

Oh, by the way, on our last full day in Cairo, we had lunch at a restaurant right across the street from the great pyramids. I sat down on the wrong side of the table and didn't realize they were there until I turned around and saw this:
Pyramids.jpg

No comments: