Reality Check

It's been almost a year since going to Israel, Jordan and Egypt. I've obviously not finished posting everything from that trip here, and much is happening currently. So this blog is now going to cover current events (at least the ones that are in my little corner of the universe) in nearly real-time.

If you discover any errors in my descriptions of the sites in Israel and Egypt, please feel free to leave a comment.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Beer Sheva

Beer_Sheva_021.jpg
After my hopes of Plan A (posting to this blog every day during the trip with that day's pictures) not panning out, I'm now going to go to Plan B, which is doing the same, but only after the fact. I'll attempt to upload a set of photos from each place we visited, with some sort of description and links to photos from that site. No promises on how fast or how regularly I'm going to be able to do this, but that's my plan.

After about 24 hours of traveling from Los Angeles to Tel Aviv via Paris, arriving at our hotel in Beer Sheva around 3 AM, we got up the next morning around 10, had breakfast, and loaded our stuff onto the bus to go to Beer Sheva.

Beer Sheva is an ancient site that figures all the way back to the book of Genesis, and throughout the bible it is referred to as the southern boundary of the nation of Israel. Of course today's Israel extends quite a bit further south, but the ancient Israel of the Bible is often referred to as "the land from Dan to Beer Sheva." (Dan is in the far north.)

Click on the picture to go to the photoset on flickr, where each photo (well most of them) is accompanied by a description that I hope you will find useful.

No comments: