Reality Check

It's been almost a year since going to Israel, Jordan and Egypt. I've obviously not finished posting everything from that trip here, and much is happening currently. So this blog is now going to cover current events (at least the ones that are in my little corner of the universe) in nearly real-time.

If you discover any errors in my descriptions of the sites in Israel and Egypt, please feel free to leave a comment.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Inspiration

09_02_Sunset,Peter,Me&Bikes_016_sRGB.jpg

I saw the first half of a video on Annie Liebovitz today. I must say, I was inspired. I can identify in myself aspects of her drive to make pictures, but for most of my life I've been afraid to unleash them - to my photographic detriment.

While I disagree with her politics and her social POV (there was a time I would have heartily agreed, but God has had other plans for me), I must admit I'm somewhat (envious? awed? what's the right word?) of her success as an image maker. It's only been in the past few years that I've even begun to let my dreams out of the bag and take a few tentative steps into the light.

That said, I do find the few steps I've been able to take to be immensely rewarding. And yet with each step comes a new challenge.

No comments: