Reality Check

It's been almost a year since going to Israel, Jordan and Egypt. I've obviously not finished posting everything from that trip here, and much is happening currently. So this blog is now going to cover current events (at least the ones that are in my little corner of the universe) in nearly real-time.

If you discover any errors in my descriptions of the sites in Israel and Egypt, please feel free to leave a comment.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Win-Win

09_04_Tigers_vs_Cards_Apr_19_200.jpg
I have to admit, reading the Strobist blog has been one of the biggest boosts to my photographic creativity since I picked up a camera. Just this evening I read DH's post about self-generating your own assignments, and how out of that can come some surprising benefits. That, after my most recent post about how shooting for the church has proven to be a good thing.

And now, as it turns out, shooting baseball games yields another surprising benefit.

This afternoon/evening I was shooting Peter's baseball game. I had brought along a couple of lenses and a monopod, and pretty much the whole game I spent shooting. The dad of a couple of the other team members (his two sons are twins) walked up to me after the game and said he's seen my website and likes my shots, and asked me if I'd like to shoot an upcoming track meet. He's the director of the local athletic association chapter, and they have a big meet coming up in a couple of weeks. He'd get me field position, and promote my services, and I get to sell any prints to interested parents who take up the offer. Win/win situation. Cool!

No comments: