Reality Check

It's been almost a year since going to Israel, Jordan and Egypt. I've obviously not finished posting everything from that trip here, and much is happening currently. So this blog is now going to cover current events (at least the ones that are in my little corner of the universe) in nearly real-time.

If you discover any errors in my descriptions of the sites in Israel and Egypt, please feel free to leave a comment.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Valley Revolution '09

2009_05_Valley_Revolution_1st_Night_704.jpg
Superchick

2009_05_Valley_Revolution_2nd_Day_454.jpg
Kutless

This weekend I got to shoot the Valley Revolution '09, a Christian music festival in the San Fernando Valley. Lots of people, local bands, and big-name Christian Bands such as Seventh Day Slumber, Fireflight, Superchick, Relient K, Kutless and a lot more. This was a great opportunity to give back to the community I live in as a volunteer photographer, and I have to admit, it was cool to walk around with an "All Access" pass and a bunch of camera gear hanging off of me. My ego was probably a little overinflated, but the sore back and shoulders compensated for that. God was reminding me that I'm just a nobody who thinks he's somebody without Him.

2009_05_Valley_Revolution_2nd_Day_306.jpg
Relient K

I was able to go backstage, onstage, in front of the stage, on both sides of the stage, under the stage (just kidding). I only got my wrists slapped a couple of times by the stage manager and the main sound guy for overstepping their boundaries, but I still got to shoot from pretty much anywhere I wanted. I was also, as far as I know (I might find out differently) the first to upload photos for the event. Those can be viewed here.

2009_05_Valley_Revolution_2nd_Day_423.jpg
Kutless

2009_05_Valley_Revolution_2nd_Day_486.jpg
Kutless lead singer

No comments: